Explore the Elegance of Persian Kerman Rugs - Exquisite Handmade Carpets
Welcome to the world of Persian Kerman rugs, where artistry and history intertwine to create timeless masterpieces. As an experienced rug dealer, we take pride in presenting you with a collection that encapsulates the essence of Kerman's rich tradition and exceptional craftsmanship.
What is a Persian Kerman Rug?
A Persian Kerman rug is an heirloom of artistry and skill, handcrafted in the oasis city of Kerman, southeast of Iran. With a history dating back to the 4th century, these rugs embody the cultural heritage of the region. Renowned for their intricate patterns, curvilinear designs, assortment of colors, and superior quality, Persian Kerman rugs are a symbol of elegance and refinement.
What Makes Persian Kerman Rugs Special?
Every thread, every knot in a Persian Kerman rug tells a story of centuries-old craftsmanship. The city's long tradition of knotting, influenced by various ruling dynasties, has resulted in rugs of exceptional beauty. Known for their captivating designs, Kerman rugs often feature centrally placed medallions and intricate floral motifs. The ground color, often a rich red, adds instant warmth and a feeling of luxury.
Famous Persian Kerman Rugs
Kerman rugs have carved their place in history with iconic designs that evoke a sense of wonder. Some famous variations include:
- Vase Carpets: Renowned for their elaborate allover floral pattern, vase design, and soft pastel color palette.
- Lavar: Characterized by their fine weave, broken borders, central medallion design, and primarily include a signature, a true testament to the weavers' artistry.
- Sabzikar Ravar: Featuring the most popular Damask Rose motifs and Gol Sorkhi (Red Rose). This design captures the delicate beauty of roses in intricate patterns, showcasing the weavers' attention to detail.
- Pictorial Rugs: Hunting scenes, garden designs, tree of life motifs, people, and historical events.
What is a Persian Kerman Rug Called?
Persian Kerman rugs are also referred to as Kirman rugs. These terms are often used interchangeably to describe the same exquisite creations from the city of Kerman.
How to Identify Good Quality Persian Kerman Rugs?
The mark of a high-quality Persian Kerman rug lies in its craftsmanship and materials. Look for:
- Wool of High Quality: A plush pile of premium wool ensures both comfort and durability.
- Intricate Knotting: Asymmetrical knots are meticulously woven to create elaborate designs.
- Cotton Foundation: The warp and weft made of cotton provide a stable base for the rug.
- Knot Density: A higher knot density, ranging from 160,000 to 380,000 knots per square meter, reflects superior craftsmanship.
What Sets Persian Kerman Rugs Apart?
Persian Kerman rugs are not just floor coverings; they are works of art that carry the legacy of a city's history and culture. The meticulous designs, vibrant colors, and unparalleled quality make them exceptional. Each rug reflects the heart and soul of Kerman's weavers, transporting you to a world of timeless elegance.
Experience the Enchantment
Indulge in the allure of Persian Kerman rugs and let their beauty transform your space. Our collection is a tribute to the skill and passion of generations of weavers. For any inquiries or to explore our curated selection, contact our support team at (214) 651-7847 or schedule an appointment at our store located at 1511 Dragon Street in the Dallas Design District.
Things to know about Persian Kerman rugs:
What is a Persian Kerman rug?
A Persian Kerman rug is a handcrafted masterpiece from the city of Kerman in Iran, known for its elaborate designs and exceptional quality.
What is special about Persian Kerman rugs?
Persian Kerman rugs stand out for their rich history, highly decorative designs, vibrant colors, and superior craftsmanship, making them a symbol of elegance and refinement.
What are the famous Persian Kerman rugs?
Famous Persian Kerman rugs include Lavar, Damask Rose, Sabzikar Ravar, and Gol Sorkhi, each showcasing unique designs and motifs.
What is a Persian Kerman rug called?
Persian Kerman rugs are also known as Kirman rugs, capturing the essence of their origin in the city of Kerman.
How can you tell if a Persian Kerman rug is of good quality?
A high-quality Persian Kerman rug features premium wool, intricate knotting, a cotton foundation, and a higher knot density, reflecting exceptional craftsmanship.
What sets Persian Kerman rugs apart?
Persian Kerman rugs are exceptional works of art, reflecting the history and culture of Kerman. Their elegant designs, varied color palette, and superior quality make them truly exclusive.