Chinese Rugs | Antique Peking & Vintage Art Deco Carpets
With incredible details and texture, Esmaili's Chinese rugs in Dallas are a captivating vision of woven beauty. We are the preferred rug source for residential interiors, hospitality and hotel design for the DFW Metroplex. Our signature rug assortment—over 7,000 pieces readily available—is highly curated and represents many styles, including Persian, Turkish, Moroccan, and Chinese Art Deco, as well as nearly every major weaving center in the world. Shop high-quality vintage art deco rugs and antique Peking carpets for today's modern interiors. If you're not in the Dallas area, distance is not a problem. Our one-stop DFW rug shop offers global shipping.
Shop Iconic Chinese Rugs for Home Interiors & Hospitality Design
You can’t go wrong with these traditional Chinese rugs, no matter the style of your home. When shopping for the perfect Peking carpet or Chinese deco rug, there are endless color and pattern options. Whether designing an entire hotel, restaurant, home or a single room, we are here to help no matter the project size. Antique carpets from China offer both incredible history and beautiful design, and at Esmaili Rugs, we've got a great selection to help create a focal point. Do you have a design project you would like to discuss with us? We'd love to hear from you!
- Chinese Art Deco
- Walter Nichols Style
- Helen Fette
- Chinese Silk Rugs
- Baotou / Mongolian
- Tibetan / Nepalese
- Chinese Hooked Rugs
Refresh Your Room with Chinoiserie Chic Flair
Esmaili Rugs in Dallas has procured a curated collection of Peking, Baotou, Ningxia, Pictorial Art Deco rugs, Nichols, Fette, and Tibetan from collectors around the world. Incorporate exotic Modern Asian flair with the geometric pattern of Chinese Chippendale rugs. Looking to mix in some florals for a Modern Chintz aesthetic? Add a touch of romantic Chinese-esque style with blue and white Chinoiserie style rugs. Or do you revel in vibrant jewel-tone colors and floral Chinese Art Deco rugs inspired by Walter Nichols and Helen Fette? Some prefer to make a statement without saying word by harnessing antique Peking carpets exhibiting Qing or Ming Dynasty components. From fabulous foo dogs to playful pagodas, we can’t get enough of the best Chinese Rugs Collection in Dallas.
Infuse Character with East Asian Carpets From China
Esmaili's Chinese Rugs Collection in Dallas encapsulates the resonant East Asian heritage with blending haute deco with Old World style. Bestow rich colors and add a touch of the unexpected with Chinese Art Deco rugs. Rich in folklore, culture and history, antique Chinese rugs reflect religious and philosophical elements incorporating images and designs symbolizing the fascinating land of China — lotus blossoms, Kuilong, dragons, nature scenes, clouds, birds and assorted ornamental objects. Considered highly collectible rugs in today's market, antique Chinese rugs are sought after by high-end interior designers, architects, rug enthusiasts, museums, reputable businesses and other facilities wishing to present an impeccable impression to visitors.
Unveiling Chinese Rugs Symbolism
Chinese rugs often feature motifs inspired by nature, such as flowers, birds, dragons and landscapes, reflecting ancient spiritual beliefs and the deep-rooted symbolism of Chinese culture.
- Lotus: The flower of summer, symbolizes purity and perfection, since its clean vibrant blooms emerge from the mud of swamps and marshes.
- Peonies: The flower of spring, represent unparalleled beauty and honor; they have long been regarded as a symbol of wealth.
- Chrysanthemums: The flower of autumn, are associated with long life and a golden retirement; the dried petals of the flower immersed in wine were once thought to bring longevity to those who drank it.
- Plum blossoms: The flower of winter, represent fortitude and resilience, since the long-lived tree blooms brightly during the cold of winter.
- Dragon: Dragons are seen as possessing unrivaled power, strength, and nobility. Dragons are known in Mandarin Chinese as “Kuilong,” is amongst the most beloved symbols in Chinese culture. The mythical beast was once thought to have the power to control the elements and climactic changes such as floods, drought, rain, thunder and lightning.
- Bamboo: Bamboo symbolizes endurance, strength, and good luck
- Butterflies: Butterflies represent happiness.
- Vases: Vases symbolize harmony.
- Lingzhi fungus: Lingzhi fungus, sometimes referred to as the 'plant of immortality,' is believed to have magical properties, and according to Chinese legend, its ingestion is said to grant immortality to those who consume it.
- Deer: The deer also called Lù is considered to be a symbol of longevity and prosperity. In ancient times they were believed to be the only creature able to find the elusive lingzhi fungus, which was thought to grant immortality to those who consumed it.
- Bats: Bats are seen to augur good fortune, happiness, and prosperity; they are primarily seen on rugs that were created for the domestic Chinese market. When bat motifs are seen below the deer's hooves, it signifies the arrival of happiness.
- Crane: The crane represents long life and when paired with a deer they symbolize longevity and wealth.
- Peacocks: Peacocks are thought to represent dignity and beauty.
- Mandarin ducks: Mandarin ducks are often pictured in pairs and seen as an emblem of conjugal fidelity.
One of the leading collectors of the finest vintage, antique and contemporary rugs in the country, Esmaili Rugs & Antiques caters to high-profile clients like Emily Henderson, Kelly Wearstler, Sara Beltan, and Hotel Chelsea. We have a knowledgeable team of antique rug experts who can be contacted Monday through Friday to provide in-depth, helpful answers to any questions you may have about our rugs.
Esmaili Rugs & Antiques, "Where we collect the best of the past." Call us today at 214-651-7847.